The Sisters

The Sisters

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Libbi: I love my FAMILY!!!!!!

Wow! Best package ever! Thanks so much Mom and Dad it was exactly what I needed and more! Thanks Thanks Thank you Thank you Thank you! I lllllllllllooooooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeeeedddddddddd it! here is a photo of my joy! Also some others....
I love packages!

Not sure what to make of this one...

 This week Gerson was confirmed an official member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and also reiceved the Aronic Priesthood! I´m so happy for him and the great changed that has occured in his life. This is why I´m on a misson....for moments and people like this. He pulled us aside after Sacrememt meeting and almost crying thanked us for all that we have done for him to help him change and be better and follow the plan of God. Thanks to all who have prayed for Gerson. He needs your prayers still as he adjusts to life and responsibility in the Lord´s Chruch. I´m just proud to know him. The sad part however, is that I think he will be moving out of our area...we will see we don´t know yet for sure where he is moving to but I trust in the Lord. Besides the continued progress with Gerson we continue with little success to find new people to teach that truly want to change and be better. We continue to talk with everyone and unfortunately people don´t want commitment or are already committed to something else. We push on. I know, like the Lord blessed us with Gerson we will find more people ready and willing to make promises with our Heavenly Father.
 I love this work. The work part is the good part. It is also the more important part. This part of a mission is easy...having one focus and a united goal. However, the emotional and physical stress is something I have never encountered yet in my life. I am learning a lot. I know I´m becoming better for it. I´m grateful for the trust the Lord has in me and His great pacience with my imperfections. A full time mission is for those that are called but this work is for all and needs to be shared. Don´t be afraid to say what makes you happy in life and what gives you hope and strength in your trials. I know this is the Church of Christ and this is His Gospel...we need to share it...love him enough to share with everyone. We don´t choose who is prepared. The Lord is the chooser of all things. We chose him and his plan. What a blessing it is in my life.
 I love you all. Be good. CTR and be an example to all in every moment even when its hard!
 com amor,
Sister L. Sorensen
Oh my avocado...

1 year in the mission field...nice Chaco tan!

No comments:

Post a Comment