The Sisters

The Sisters

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sarah Cate: Y'all know Texas is Tricky

Hello Y'all,
I don't have a ton to write but life goes on as it always does. We taught Stacey last week and guess what.....SHE ACCEPTED A BAPTISMAL DATE FOR NOVEMBER!!! Yahhooooo! Its not going to be easy so it may change but we will just keep working. We worked really hard  to get a lot of people to come to church this past Sunday and guess what........NO ONE CAME! Yeah break my heart. It was very frustrating but we gave Stacey a church tour and she really loved it. It made us happy. Stacey couldn't come to church because her work wouldn't let her off yet. She is working on it though. HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y'ALL!
Hope the day is treating y'all well. Susu and Gus, thanks y'all for y'alls letters. They are a bright ray of sunshine in my week. I love y'all very much. I truly appreciate the jokes. I use them all the time!!! I looooove them! Thank you.
We went on exchanges this week. I stayed here in Encino Park and Sister Deleon...yes....MY TRAINER! came to Encino Park too! IT was so much fun to serve together again. It was a huge tender mercy and it was fun to see how much we both had changed since we last served together in Del Rio. It was very beautiful. Today we are planning on going to the mercado...I guess that is San Antonio's little Mexican market. I'm suuuper excited.
Also, I got to teach in Spanish this week. It was a huge surprise but we received a referral for a lady that only speaks Spanish. I had a baby heart attack at first but once she started speaking I could understand her and in my broken Spanish with her broken English we communicated. :)  It was just another sign that the Lord loves me and wants me to keep studying Spanish :)  It's a never ending process in this mission because you don't get to hear it all the time and you have to speak it all the time to keep it up so it makes it hard to learn the language. Libbi is very blessed in that way...blah blah blah blah. I'm a little jealous but I try not to compare.
I miss y'all tons. Hope y'all have a good day! Tegan un buen dia!!

Su Hermana Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment