The Sisters

The Sisters

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sarah Cate: "If This is Austin...It Must be Sarah Cate"

Dearest Family and friends,  
Y'all are dear to my heart. I am doing well. It was, as all y'all know, a difficult transfer. I am now in Austin TX. I never thought i would serve my mission in Austin but here i am. I am so excited. Austin is a completely different world than San Antonio. Its kind of crazy. It's motto is : Keep Austin Weird. -is that not perfect for me?!! I think so. The area I am in currently is called Barton Creek. Don't let the humble name fool y'all. This is a pretty fancy shmancy area. We have Jeff Kent in our ward. I guess he is a famous baseball player who played for the Dodgers. Yeah, and we have Ty Detmer...don't know how to spell his last name but I guess he won the Heisman trophy back in the day....yeah, sound out the words you don't know... I am plugging along. I am close to the Riverside area of Austin though which is the coveted area for Spanish speaking missionaries because its mostly Spanish. I am going to do exchanges with the sisters there this transfer so that is a blessing. There is not a whole lot of Spanish where I live. Mostly outnumbered by fancy sports cars and big houses and gate codes. haha Oh what an interesting time. My companion is Sister Jones. She is just about one of the sweetest people I've ever met in my life. I was blessed to go on exchanges with her down in San Antonio, when we were both down there so I've already served with her a little bit. She is from Enterprise Utah. (Oh by the way, many people look down on me for being from Salt Lake.) yeah ruuude! but I love them anyways. It's one of the beauties of not being part of the world, you just don't care what they think at all!! hahaha
 The area is very big. I am going to need lots of prayers to get the work going and the ward on board with what is about to happen here! I am so determined to make this place harvest, I just need the Lord's help. I am hoping for many miracles here. We are missionaries for heaven's sake! We are doing the Lord's work. Why not see miracles?!
 Before I left San Antionio I received some beautiful letters from Emily and Kimmy and Aunt Marilee. I just love them so much. I am blessed to have such awesome support. I love y'all so very much. Thanks Pete Pete for your e-mail. You too Meg. I am so lucky to have such an awesome family who is doing incredible things. What a great thing. How is y'all's diet going? I am gonna need to go on one too when I get back :) wups. hheee hee. I just love y'all so much. Y'all are beautiful. Don't ever forget how much I love y'all.
 Hna. Sorensen
 
8818 Travis Hills Dr. Apt. 722
Austin, TX. 78735
 
write me!!!!!!!!!!!! I love y'all so much.

Sister Deleon.....I LOVE YOU. HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU. I cried on Wed. for you. You are so cool. Tell me all about everything that you are doing and what it feels like to wear pants!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment