The Sisters

The Sisters

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sarah Cate: Things Old and New...Yeehaw!!!

Well here we are again,
 what to say......what to say......man, I love my life. Really that's about it. This week was....ohh here we go....I remember what I can say about this week. So, as y'all know, many of the missionaries here in the mission (the older generation) loved the training that Sister Deleon and I gave waaaay back in the day right? So, lots of people would comment on my "bautismo jacks"...I'll explain when I get back.  It's too complicated in a letter or email.....but now, the next generation will remember me for something faaaaar greater...........First of all, I want to thank my dear sweet President Jones. This past week, all of the Zone leaders and District Leaders and trainers got to go to a "training meeting" in San Antonio. It was pretty much reviewing the same things that we go over all the time. Well nothing short of a miracle happened. ........I GOT TO SLEEP OVER IN ENCINO PARK AGAIN AT MAMMA BILLIE'S HOUSE!!!!! (my old area and old home) Yes, and guess what, it just happened to be her birthday!!!!!! OH, God is soooo good to me. We surprised her. She was so happy to see me that she said "oh my goodness I have to go change my clothes!" hahahaha????? Oh man, she asked about my family and I told her that y'all were doing well. Y'all should contact her sometime.  She is so beautiful I love her so much. We went out to Texas Road House for her birthday dinner that night. It was so beautiful to be back in my old area for a few hours. There were so many people I wanted to see and talk to but I had about no time to do it. As my stay went into the night, my heart broke quite a bit. A lot of the people that I loved and had been working with have fallen off of the band wagon. I am so heartbroken. My dear sweet Stacey, who was supposed to be baptized right after I left Encino Park, well she is...well, she has moved in the opposite direction. The sisters down in Encino Park have had quite a rough go. IT makes me sad. I am truly heart broken about it. It just kills me because I want to be down there helping.  I want to help all those people....I just know that God knows what he is doing and I am just going to keep working. I love this area and guess what...more exciting news......YI CHING AND WILL LIVE IN MY AREA!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHH I JUST BARELY FOUND THIS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Ok I'm sorry I got waaaay sidetracked but during the training that President was giving, he asked for someone who "likes food" and I said, yeah i like food. I eat all the time. I'm a good eater. I think its even a possible talent....so I raised my hand..........oh joy. I got picked to eat a box of donuts. Yeah sounds good right? Well there was no time limit but i had to eat them in front of everyone and then I was pinned up against an Elder. Rude!! Well the Elder ended up eating about 4 of the cake donuts and bowed out.......I kept going and I finished up with 5 and 1/2 donuts under my belt. Mind you, this was AFTER lunch and I had plenty to eat. Yeah I felt gross and very self conscious after that. President was quite impressed though. He said "I don't think I've ever eaten 5 and 1/2 donuts before in my life"  Geee thanks Pres. I was told later by some of my Elder Friends that many of them felt like the movie Matilda when that kid had to eat all that chocolate cake in front of the whole school. He said he wanted to stand up and yell "you can do it Bruce!"  hahaha it was really funny. I did it and now everyone thinks I'm even more crazy. I love the reputations in the mission.  
 I have no idea when I would or could see those people again but whenever it is, I hope with all my heart that it is soon. I love them so much. We worked really hard this week and absolutely every appointment we scheduled, fell through! Its all good though because it wasn't a bad week. We just keep working. Keep believing and hoping. God works miracles. He loves all of his children. Thank you for y'alls prayers and blessings. Don't ever forget how much i love y'all. 
 We taught Jewels yesterday. She agreed to be baptized on the 28th of January. Bangarang. Her mother, Angela....not so much.  
 I love y'all. I love God. I am blessed. Thanks y'all.
 Hna. Sorensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment