The Sisters

The Sisters

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sarah Cate: Time is flying away...

Alright Dear family and y'all,
The Lord continues to pour out his blessings. That does not mean that this week was not full of amazing trials and hardship. We met with President Jones and Sister Jones this week. It was...well it was a very emotional week.
 Despite many emotional trials this week, we were blessed with so many opportunities this week. We set Toby with a baptismal date for July 14th! yahoooo! OH Toby is so awkward but lovely. I can't remember if i told y'all this story but here goes nothing: We were teaching him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and i had used the phrase "sketch dogs" referring to some of the crazy ways Satan try to tempt us and when we finished Toby turns to me and says, "I do have one question, What is a sketch dog?" hahaha it was fantastic. Toby now has saved us as "THE SKETCH DOGS" in his phone. I love it. Unfortunately, Toby did not show up to church. 
However, we DID have two people show up that we had never met before! They want to learn more. One is a catholic kid who asks amazing questions and the other is a kid from Nepal whom we talked to on the phone. (a member gave us his phone number because they had met him at a gas station). We invited him to church and he came! It was awesome. We are hoping to meet with both of them sometime this week. 
We are just plugging along.
Keep praying for miracles because I am going to need them this week. There are a lot questions that I just don't have the answers to. I love y'all a ton. I'll send pictures this week.
I love y'all. Thanks y'all for y'all's prayers. I have truly been supported and strengthened through them. God loves us. He knows what's best for us. It's what we need. And sometimes we need to grow and that hurts but God is always there to bandage us up and pick us up....I feel like I need to quote the Dark Knight: why do we fall Bruce? So we can pick ourselves back up. ....see,  Batman kind of had it right....except we can insert at the end...so we can be reminded that we are not in control. 
God is great. I love y'all. See y'all sooner rather than later :) 

Hna. Sorensen 
At Texas Stadium in Austin...with a friend

Nuff said, y'all

"As Sisters in Austin..."

Yes we do eat here in Texas...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment