The Sisters

The Sisters

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sarah Cate: How Hot Can it Get?

Happy Birthday to Kate on the 19th, Grace on the 23! Also happy birthday week to Kim and Susu on the 29th! James and Uncle Bear, you already got your Happy Birthdays--I'm just kidding. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL! hope IS a Fantastic day!!
 
Texas is sooooooooo hot. I guess that this summer has been the hottest summer since 1918 here. We have had a month straight with over 100+ temps. Its just crazy talk. It really drains you and you have to drink so much more water than you ever thought possible. Its fun. You never have to go to the bathroom because you sweat it all out! Its great. You live on the mission in a constant state of sweat. Apparently its like this all the way till January so yahooo! IT was fun to hear from Libbi and how she is just rocking the socks out of Brazil. I am inspired. I wish i could have set a better example for her. ooohhhh well. Two people from my district already have gone home. Yahoo. We are dropping like flies out here. It's 100% heart breaking. They were my good friends but i know i can't do anything to change it. Oh well. I don't want to talk about those sad things. 
 
This week we had a return apt with Carolina (the sign language lady) And it was......NONEXISTENT! It was sad. I believe she was home but unfortunately, she is only in America on Fridays and i don't know if any of you have ever tried to contact a deaf person in a normal house, the regular "tocar" approach does not work. We jumped and thudded outside her door hoping she would feel some vibration. We stuck a card in the door and wiggled it around to see if she would see that. We tried...i am hopeful though that the missionaries will find her again. She was such a beautiful lady and i love her very much. I can only imagine how much God loves her. It was a tender mercy to have met her in the first place. That is cool. 
 
I appreciate all the words of support and the incites to people's lives in Utah. Good Luck Gus. I love you so much. I pray for you! I can't wait to show you my cowboy boots I'm going to buy right before i come home! -bright red!  I'm completely in love with cowboy boots. Why don't we wear them more often? people sport them with everything down here..coupled with the hat of course. I am hoping and praying that i will be able to sport it after my mission as much as people do down here. 
 
Mike, my pal from Missouri that got baptized about a month ago has started to disappear. We are NOT happy about this. Mike and his brother have been a solid but they are having a rough time right now. John is in the Air force down here but his wife lives in Mexico and does not have a passport so she can't come here. I guess she and her kids have had some health problems and there is not a whole like John can do from across the border. They have been super stressed out about that and distant so we are not exactly sure what is going on. Stories like this happen every day here. -- One of my favorite families in the Spanish branch actually just moved here from none other than LOGAN UTAH!! ---yeeeeessssssss!!!! we immediately bonded and i love that family but her husband was deported and so they moved down here to be closer. She goes over on the weekends to see him. They have 4 kids. Its truly incredible and heartbreaking.    
 
That is why it is so important to trust in God. He knows the beginning from the end and we are just toys in his hands. We can think we are doing our will but its always the Lord's will. He knows a lot more than we will ever. We have to let that trust comfort us through the rough and rocky times. Trust is not an easy thing but it is necessary. I am not a wise missionary. I am working on trying to be any sort of a missionary but i do know that God wants us to be happy. He's given me family and friends that answer my prayers every day. I am so blessed. I am so lucky to have y'all. Don't ever forget how much i love you all.
 
hna. Sorensen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment