The Sisters

The Sisters

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Libbi: It ain't just rumor...Libbi got her visa to Brazil!

OK where to begin. I don't know anything nor have I been told anything official about my visa besides from you guys. I'm hoping I will hear ASAP but nothing at this point. I got an e-mail from Sarah so hopefully we will keep in touch that way. I LOVED MY PACKAGE THIS WEEK!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I ate (more like shoveled) and shared the rum bars. I couldn't open the package till the next day so they were a little soft so a bit messy but totally worth it! I LOVE THE CLOTHS and they are exactly what you need. I have some ideas of a package of things to send home but until I hear about me leaving I am putting it off. I have already sent your letters today along with my journal so you should be receiving those in the next couple days.
 I wish I had some crazy exciting new stuff but my routine is pretty regular here and not too much out of the ordinary occurs. Before I forget. THanks to Susu and GUs! I love my earrings they are wonderful. Thanks to Kirsten for your note...made my day. Thanks to the Moores they were so sweet to send me a note and Mom and Dad their thank you note is in the mail along with one to Kathie Horman. I am so loved and supported I could never possibly complain. If you would like to write on DearElder.com though it is free and I get it the same day. I would love to hear from everyone! Is Danny home? I have thought about him a lot this week as he wraps up his mission. This week for devotional we had Elder Nelson come and it was wonderful. He spoke on many topics from preach my gospel and about the importance of knowing our purpose. I have loved getting to know the new district that arrived this last week 2 sister and 4 elders. There were suppose to be 5 elders but rumor is 1 got his visa. Nao sei. I  love being here and working hard to better understand the gospel and the language of Portuguese. It is coming slowly but surely. All I can do is trust in the Lord I know that all I must do is prepare myself to be spoken through. This is not my message but his and he will provide a way for me to share it.
   I had a particularly cool thought this week on Sunday taught by a member of our Branch presidency Brother Hodges. He told us about the 2060 stripling (very specific about the 60 as well) warriors. Not one died but they were all wounded. He promised us that if we are exactly obedient we will be protected but that our mission will wound us. I know that sounds like a downer thought but not to me. I'm excited to teach people how they can heal their wounds through Christ. Every person on this earth is wounded in one way or another and it is a happy thing to share the tools that are so important to their personal healing and return to their loving Heavenly Father! I love this work! I believe it with all my heart. I am sorry for all those who are struggling with sickness, sadness, and pain of every kind but I know all things can be made right and fair through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. This is his gospel and the work and glory of God to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man! I know it and I cannot deny it! You can pray to know the truth of all things for yourself. Some advice that my wise grandparents gave me is to grow calluses (spelling?) on your knees from the constant conversation with the Lord. I'm a disciple of Christ and I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be a apart of his army and share this Happy message! I love you all so so so so so so much! I think of you and pray for you always! Stay safe and close to the Lord!
 
Love,
Sister Libbi Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment