The Sisters

The Sisters

Friday, October 5, 2012

Libbi: Another week....another month...and its getting down to the last of the last...:(

Wow...OK this week was crazy rushed...haha like every single week here on the mission. But I feel productive and energized to push to the end of this wonderful journey that is my mission...:)

OK, this week we marked a date for baptism with Irmão Luis. He is about my parents age and he is married to a member of our ward that has been inactive for the last 5 years and they recently started coming to church together. He has been coming to church since June and when we first taught him he didn´t even want to hear the word baptism but we still invited him to pray about it and taught the first lesson. When we came back he was like a different person. He was already planning when he wanted to be baptized and what he needed to do to prepare. He is progressing rapidly and will be baptized and confirmed this week!!! We are blessed to see this baptism and it is an answer to all of our prayers! Thanks so much for you love and support.
We also had zone conference and interviews with our President. I have been blessed with the opportunity to become extremely close to President and Sister Reber. They are wonderful people and amazing examples to me! We had the chance to spend the day with them in conference and then we also had stake conference this week which they also attended. We ate lunch together yesterday after the conference and I am really getting this translating thing down. My comp. loves testing her English with Sister Reber and I am in the middle helping them both. It is a neat experience and I have been blessed with this ability to speak and understand Portuguese. I´m extremely grateful. I love this language, these people, and this place.
I know this is the work of God. I know that this Gospel is REALLY important. I am so blessed to be apart of it! I am blessed with inspired leaders and a wonderfully organized Church of Jesus Christ to help me and guide me in this life. WE ARE BLESSED! Be good this week! Share your testimony!
com amor,
Sister Sorensen

Brownies at Diane´s house :)  num num...

The mission tour with Pres. Costa (only in Brasil could I wear that dress...)

A service project against Dengue Fever

No comments:

Post a Comment