The Sisters

The Sisters

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sarah Cate: Como Estas Amigos?

Hey hey friends,
So I am no longer in the beautiful Barton Creek area. Instead I am
just a stake over and I am covering A SINGLES
WARD.................UUUHHHHHHHHAHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH. yEAH
THat is about how I feel about it on the inside. I am trying to maintain composure on the outside. I truly don't know how to talk to my peers. I am weird and awkward and I have realized that I have turned into a missionary robot! I thought I was normal but I have no idea what I am doing here. It will definitely prepare me for what is to come. I am nervous. I am scared. I am excited but mostly I am terrified. We have a super ward full of people my age that are going to grad school and things like that. I just made friends with the
coooooolest kid ever. His name is Dano. He just passed the test that you have to take in order to get into Med school. :) I obviously have forgotten a lot. He wants to go to the U of U. Yahooo!! He did his undergrad work at BYU so i consider that a convert. :) It's really crazy to see normal life and missionary life mixed together. I guess I am really sounding uneducated right now. I really have been hit off of my high horse. I am humbled. I don't know how President thinks this is an area "made for me" because I am such a nerd when it comes to these people. I trust him though so here goes nothing. I guess I'm overwhelmed because I continue to see how God is involved in the details of my life. I have had experiences and met people that I know I need to meet. I feel like I am being prepared. I feel like I have been prepared. I hope that I continue on. I hope that I can help people. I feel very much lately like I have been the one that has
received help and blessings from my companions. I am supposed to be the "senior" companion but I feel like am brand new. I feel like they are teaching me. I am often in awe in lessons and I don't know why but I am surrounded by really good people. I just want to listen to them talk. I don't think I have anything to contribute. That makes me sound super downer but I'm not. I am just impressed with others. I just want
to listen to them. I know I am where I need to be. It is still hard though. There are lots of miracles happening in Barton Creek. I can't look back. I can't be Lot's wife. I think I've done that quite a bit in my life. Looking back longingly to be where I don't need and where I shouldn't be. It has gotten me into trouble before my mission. I am working on it though and I will walk forward with faith.
I don't think I've told y'all but my new companion is Sister Pierson. Guess who sister Pierson was trained by? SISTER DE LEON! THE ONE AND ONLY!!! bangarang. We were trained by the same person. It's pretty funny because we both catch ourselves saying and doing things that she would do. I think it just makes us miss her...at least that is how it is for me. I LOVE YOU SISTER DE LEON! Sister Pierson is cool. She is tall and blond and very beautiful. She is from California. She is really hang loose. Its good for me too because i get to be the uptight one. :) I think I am gonna be the enforcer of the rules. We'll see what happens but I am really excited. She knows how to talk to these people.
Well that is my life. We had a baptism this past Saturday and we have another one coming up. its a blessing. Larry is getting baptized this weekend. I really want to go. I am praying that the Lord allows me to do so. I love y'all.
Hna. Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment