The Sisters

The Sisters

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sarah Cate: Where are the Yellow Roses?

Alright family. The theme for this week is BE A GOOD MAN PLEASE!! I imagined this past week going so differently. I am heartbroken to report that neither Whitley nor Katherine were baptized this week. Katherine's father said that he thought it was too soon and that she was too young to be baptized and he forbade it. Whitley is being the biggest stinker face and said that (the boy she likes) was not in town and so she didn't want to do it. WE HAVE A NEW LADY JULIE WHO IS SOOO GREAT! But once again, her husband is being a stinker and refuses to support her spiritually. It's really heartbreaking. There are several divorces going on here and it is so heartbreaking to see. We are praying very hard for the hearts of all the people here to soften.
On a random side note: I love the variety of dogs that are here in Texas. I met an Irish Wolf Hound and it is truly the size of a baby horse. I took pictures of it. Meg--I have had a letter for you that I wanted to send two weeks ago but hesitated because I wanted to include a message to the family. I will send it this week. Along with a letter to the family!! YAHOO! --don't get too excited it probably won't be anything special. sorry.
Well we worked very hard this last week. I am becoming very comfortable knocking doors and talking with all sorts of religious people. We get some pretty funny responses/excuses when people answer the door. A man said to us " my eyes are dilated so I can't talk to you" hahaha Oh what a great funny thing. We also had some very beautiful people that we love and who were progressing in the gospel meet with us and try to save us. They showed us the "anti" material that they had been reading that their church puts out. (many of the churches have classes here about "how to talk to Mormons" and "how to convert your Mormon friends" and things like that). It was really one of the saddest times on my mission. I felt such deep sadness at the way this church leader of theirs had manipulated our religion into sounding truly terrifying. They made us seem awful. I was amazed at how clever Satan is. boooooooo!! Oh well.
A couple of weeks ago, we caught a scorpion in the bathroom of the church! My very first scorpion and it was in a church building. They are fast little buggers! and creepy. I guess its not uncommon to get stung here. YAHOO! I love the adventure. Well Sister Larsen and I are staying together for another transfer! It's such a blessing. So many people truly love her so much and were praying that she would stay. God answers prayers. I am very excited because I have learned so much from her. I am growing. Don't worry Daddy, I pray in Spanish every day. Also, Sister Larsen lived in Ecuador for 10 months so her Spanish is amazing. She is teaching me a lot. I am blessed.  We play tricks on each other. :) hee hee...please send me clever ideas.
Well I love y'all so much. I am glad to hear of the improvements on my grandparents. I love y'all so very much. Thank y'all for y'alls love and support. I am working hard. I miss y'all loads and loads! Don't be ugly towards one another. love y'all!

Hermana Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment