The Sisters

The Sisters

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sarah Cate: Smilin in San Antone!

Ok wow...what a week. Have I told y'all lately that I miss my sister in Brazil?! Well I do a lot. I also received a letter this week from my other little baby sister MEG WHOM I LOVE AND ADORE! Thank you for the update about Brighton. I am glad you had a good time. I miss mountains especially those ones! Speaking of Brighton...luny love good...I love you. Play in the mountains for me and go swimming! haha Oh and don't forget to creep and pray. :)
Well Saturday was nothing short of the Celestial kingdom! We worked all morning with some random success: (Talked to a kid going to College and explained the importance of the law of Chastity to him...yes. The law of Chastity. It was really funny.) I find its actually something really easy to teach because most people here know that they are breaking it. They know they shouldn't be doing it which makes our job a lot easier. Entonses, we were able to prepare a little for Courtney's baptism. I was asked last minute to play at her baptism. I played her favorite hymn "I believe in Christ" I was really worried about playing because I haven't played in a while but I have the blessing of really accomplished pianists in this ward so I am able to have support in that. We made up a very simple arrangement. The baptism was made amazing by the Bulverde Ward. They had SO MANY PEOPLE SHOW UP! They had her ALREADY ASSIGNED home teachers and visiting teachers there, the Relief Society Presidency, and a few people that have fellowshipped her. Ooohh man...Satan tried to get Courtney down at the beginning of this week because David (her member bf) broke up with her!! aaaahhhhhhhhhh BAD TIMING DAVID!!!!!! but we assured her that if she was sincere in her prayers and in reading her scriptures that God would bless her with comfort and sure enough she said 'Yeah I miss him but I don't need him" ooohhh what blessed words! Well David and Courtney ended up coming to the Baptism together...weird?....yeah a little but its all good. Courtney had her good friend Michael-Paul (the original person who first told her anything about the Gospel) ---we love Michael-Paul. We Want Courtney to date him...we don't tell her that of course but that's our secret prayer. ANYWAYS... Courtney's parents who are not members also showed up and her daughter Katherine!!! YAHOOO!! Katherine is so excited about the baptism that she said that she can not wait to be baptized herself!!! BLESSINGS FROM HEAVEN!!! Oh we are so happy about that. We also introduced Whitley to Katherine and they became good friends too! We are going to use Whitley to teach Katherine and I hope that they can be baptized together! ;-KEEP PRAYING FOR THAT!
Whitley has come leaps and bounds. We can truly feel those prayers thank you! She admitted -for the first time- to her mother that she wants to be baptized! KYLA (her mom) called us and told us everything but assured us not to tell Whitley! We are just excited for the adventures to come.
Last night we had a huge youth activity that was ALL ABOUT MISSIONARY WORK!! yesssss! There were a bunch of missionaries there from our area and we taught and did role plays about answering questions and inviting people to act!! MEMBER MISSIONARY WORK IS SO IMPORTANT! I HOPE Y'ALL ARE DOING IT EVERY CHANCE YOU CAN! STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN AND TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT IT!
Alright, I've just decided that I am going to do a lot of that when I get back....anyways, I am glad to hear y'all are doing well. I love y'all so much. I miss all y'all but I know that what I am doing now is very important. y'all stay safe and NO MORE MOVING THINGS WITH OUT HELP. NO MORE SURGERIES . NO MORE GENERAL HAPPINESS TILL I GET BACK!!...I'm just kidding . That was very selfish. I love y'all so much.
Hna. Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment