The Sisters

The Sisters

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sarah Cate: Off to Converse

Alright family and Y'all,
 I am going to try to type as fast as my little fingers will go because I have soooo much to tell y'all and zero time to do it. Alright so after I e-mailed y'all last week, I had a fantastic p-day with the zone. It all came to a screeching halt when President called with details on when Sister Heeder was going home. She was told that Wednesday she would be flying out. That was totally fine with me but then President wanted to talk to me. He told me that I have been a real trooper for going through everything with her and so HE ASKED ME WHERE I WANTED TO SERVE! He said "now I don't normally do this but I would hate for you to end your mission with such a difficult time." I was just blown away. My mind was racing and I just threw out any old place I could think of. Of course I told him I would love to speak Spanish again and he could send me to the boarder. I also told him that I would love to go back to one of my old areas. Well he said he wasn't sure what he was going to do but I needed to pack my bags and be all moved out by Wednesday as well. That shocked me.  I all of a sudden realized that I had to say good bye to everyone! I had to say good bye to everything I had just worked so stinkin hard for. I broke down. I just was done. For the next two days it was truly a blurr. It was so frustrating because we had no time and all I wanted to do was cry and sleep. I couldn't sleep at night time. It was a mess. I felt like I needed to tell President to send me to Sister Heeders' old area. I didn't know why but I told him that. He asked me why but the next thing I knew, I was being sent there. It's called Converse and its down in San Antonio. President told me that I would be here for a week and then I would probably go somewhere else. Well it's all in the Lord's hands because when I got to Converse, I was an answer to the sister's prayers. They have been having some rough times. I just love them so much. It's been crazy. A sister in the mission, her father passed away and I was going to replace her down in Uvalde which is by the boarder but she decided to not go to the funeral. So instead, President had us all go to the temple!!!!!!!!!! I got to go and do a session in the temple!!!! IT was amazing to say the least! One of my current companions trained the sister whose father passed away. It has been so crazy.
 So now I am in a new area and I am not sure if I am staying or going. This ward here is very dysfunctional. I would direct all of your letters and things to the mission office for now because I know not where I will be. I wish I could tell you more but I don't know more of the details.
  A huge tender mercy that I have been blessed with is that the Elder in my first area, Elder Nygaard (we were both trained together in Del Rio) is now my District leader. He has been so kind to me. I just really appreciate the lord sending me people who care.
 I guess this is just more prep for home because I have no home right now. Amazing things are happening right now in Mt. Bonnell and I am sad I am missing them but I know the Lord has his reasons for everything. I love my current companions. Sister Humphries and Sister Mattson. --Sister Deleon--I think of you all the time and I just laugh because I remember our exchange when you were comps with Sister Humphries. good times gooooood times! hahaha
 Well I love y'all tons. Just send it all to the mission home

404 E. Ramsey Rd. Ste. 105
San Antonio, TX. 78216

Love y'all

Texican.

No comments:

Post a Comment