The Sisters

The Sisters

Monday, September 12, 2011

Libbi: A Week of Wonders

Alright, I have a plan this week of what I will do. First, I will give my shout-outs! John and Marilee I know it is a month late but please accept my apologies all and happy anniversary (past) on the 3rd of Aug.Ben and Rae happy anniversary as well 6 years...wow you guys are getting old! By the way Ben, how was your climb?! Mandy and Daniel happy anniversary on the 16th of Aug. David Hunter Happy birthday this past week on the 23! I thought of you and hope that you are doing well!  John Everett happy birthday this past week as well. Oh my goodness I won´t even recognize you when I get home! Maren and Todd I hope you have a wonderful anniversary this next week and do something fun! I love you and wish everyone a happy week!
 
And now I would like to share some funny things that happened...just little things that make me smile and laugh and I hope bring a smile...First..learning a language is difficult so don´t judge but I was teaching the 1st vision and I was saying the account of the Prophet Joseph Smith and it has a part that says "pirando no ar assim de mim" (in the air above me) and I said this "pirando no mar" (mar is the ocean..standing in the Ocean...) don´t worry this was just my first mistake. After that I said this. The last part of the first vision is where the Father says "this is my beloved son, hear him" or este è o meu filho amado ovi-o" but I said "èste´é meu filho armado" (armado means armed...like with a weapon...This is my armed son...) oh apostosia.(apostasy)..no I am trying and after this time I never said them wrong again...but sometimes you have to learn the hard way. Uncle Mike, I met a woman on the bus that has the same perfume as you and brought me back to every hug you have ever given me...I guess it is common for women to use men´s colone here! I also passed a group of tough guys outside an auto shop that were blasting what of all the songs in the world? "Girls just wanna have fun!" It was great when I tried to translate the words to the song to my companion as we laughed our way down the street! Oh memories on the mission. And this week, in the middle of lunch with a member my companion slowly fell to the ground as the chair beneath her broke into pieces! It was in the middle of lunch and she quietly said, Ì´m falling` oh it was wonderful and then she was out of view under the table! hahaha this week was wonderful and the mission is just jam-packed full of awkwardly wonderfully funny moments! But it is also jam packed full of emotion. I am learning and growing so very much!
 
This week we had the 112th birthday of Campo Grande! Don´t worry the biggest party in the city was only a block away from our house! I had a great time trying to sleep with the earth shaking beneath me from fireworks, bands, and drunk people! No, it was a wonderful week. We had highs and lows just like every other but we had 4 people in the church which is better than none and we have many possibilities for baptism this week! We planned an activity in the church that was like `lifeline` at Brighton (Meg you can explain) and we made a path with chairs through the church and finished in the chapel were we had a member playing hymns...we read about the iron rod and tree of life. I think it was a success. A bit stressful to plan because we don´t have much `down time` here on the mission but it was great and we had a pretty good turn out! We have Maria and her granddaughter Rebecca.  They were in the church and we have been teaching them. Maria can´t hear well and that makes it difficult but Rebecca really loved church and I am hopeful they will be baptized this week. We also have Aparacida and she accepted a date of baptism and as far as we know has stopped drinking! We are working hard and trying diligently to find more people to teach here in Julio de Castilho! I love you all. The church is true. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the restored gospel in my life! We are so very blessed! David, just heard about your game! FReak!!! You are awesome I wouldn´t expect any less! You are blessed don´t forget to thank God for your talents and health and ability! I love you all, be safe and know I love you more than I want to eat Cafe Rio right now! Which is a ton!!!
 
Com amor, Sister Libbi Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment