The Sisters

The Sisters

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Libbi: For now I will just trabalho trabalho trabalho!

Bem Vindos (I think that means welcome eu nao falo Portuguese)
 WOW!!!!! with hand gestures and all....this week has been crazy fast and just plain crazy. First mom thanks for your e-mail I love the details and Danny congrats on a killer homecoming i´m sure it was awesome and that you were an amazing disciple of Christ. Oh Brazil!!! It is amazing! This morning I went to the Sao Paulo temple and had a wonderful session. They have a special English session because there are so many missionaries...the temple is not particularly big but an American temple worker gave us a tour after and it is so beautiful....like every person and place here! I LOVE IT HERE! It is different and overwhelming at times but so very good. I know that one day I will be able to understand Portuguese and perhaps speak. But for now I will just trabalho trabalho trabalho. My second day here I went out of the CTM and passed out BOM...oh what a humbling experience that was! It is totally different speaking Portuguese to people that ACTUALLY SPEAK IT! They speak fast but they are the most loving, kind, and patient people I have ever met....even the missionaries here are so nice to us as we speak in broken Portuguese and they know more English words than I do Portuguese. I have the same companion and I´m so grateful. We traveled here together technically she has been senior companion since we arrived in Provo but it is a very well balanced companionship and I love her with all my heart. We have our differences but I think serving someone makes you love them and I know her heart is gold. I feel like I have lived a lifetime with her and now she is my comfort. After my experience passing out BOM I was pretty discouraged...it was hard to talk to people and even harder to understand after you did...but I know that all things are possible through the Lord. He will provide a way and I must trust and work! My teachers here are Irmao Rameo and Irmao Viana they are wonderful. Romeo is engaged and is a big teddy bear...we are working on focus and though and the culture makes everything here feel so layed back and easy going. I love it! but I have to work hard to focus and get done what I need to. Irmao Romeo- served with Jake Sorensen...Sarah cate´s age and used to be in our ward way back when...small world. Oh so much to tell and so little time. Oh Kirsten CONGRATS ON YOU MISSION PAPERS!!!! I´m SO SO SOOOO excited to here where you will end up and I know where ever you go it will be where the Lord wants you and you will change lives! This gospel is amazing! Irmao Romeo is a convert and only member in his family and I think Viana also. Wow! Such courage and strength from these members here they are truely amazing!!!!!!! I love it! I love this gospel I so very much believe in what I am doing! I know it is the only way back to our Father in Heaven and I´m humbled everyday by how blessed and loved I am!
I love you all so much! know you are in my thoughts and prayers and if there is anything else you need me to pray for let me know! I want to very much to see all of you succeed in what you are doing! Let me know if I can help! I am safe and happy and exactly where I need to be! I love you all muito!!!!
Love, Sister Libbi Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment