The Sisters

The Sisters

Monday, March 14, 2011

Wow...one week down and a billion more to go

Oh mommy thank you for your letter. I miss you so much. Wow...one week down and a billion more to go.
To quote my trainer " i have never experienced so much rejection on my mission. I"m sorry sister"...yeah that about sums up my first week. We have been working REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD and i thought for sure it would pay off and seriously, all we saw this week was rejection and it was mean. NOt the nice - oh I'm not interested or now is not a good time - it was like 'Ya'll are stupid get out of here and never come back" type of rejection. I"m not gonna lie, it got me waaay down towards Friday and Saturday but a tender mercy came on Friday. SPRING CLEANING. We all cleaned out our apartments. it was gross. We found a crock pot in a specialized crock pot carrying case. I nearly died laughing but it was good times. I am...at a loss. I truly am working hard but it is tough. Libbi- the mission is rough but sooooo worth it. I feel like this is gonna be the week that everything happens. And if its not this week....i have the next week and the next and the next. I will beat Satan!! I am learning a lot though. Thank you for your letter Libbi. I miss you so much. I dreamt about you that night and i woke up missing you even more. Don't you worry, your getting a letter. I am going to send home some more pictures. Last p-day after i talked to you, we went out to "little Mexico" and it all worked out. I went right up to the Rio Grand and took some pictures with myself, my companion, and Mexico. I literally threw a rock into Mexico. Then we saw some boarder patrol people and we left. Life is so different here but its good. EVery day i know that if i had my family here, we would baptize a nation. My family rocks. Yesterday i spoke in sacrament meeting (playing in district meeting went well. Nothing special but one of the members of the mission presidency was there. He is in our English branch here) Yeah i spoke about plan de salvacion. Also, that morning, Sis. Deleon asked if we could play a musical number. So we ended up playing in church as well. A traveling circus act for sure. We also played in Spanish branch as well. Just an arrangement that sister Deleon had. She played the piano. I love my violin because it seems to be the only thing that i am success full in here. Life is good and i am working hard. I want to ask how i can help you but i know there is little i can do. MAKE GOOD DECISIONS AND YOUR LIFE WILL BE HAPPY. Serve others unconditionally and you will be happy. Work on some Christ LIke attributes. OH there is a boarder song here that only the boarder zone gets to sing and its all in Spanish. Its awesome. ITs about having the force of a champion. WE ARE ALL CHAMPIONS. BANGARANG!!
I love you. Please don't hesitate to send me letters :) Tell lauren Keller that i stinkin love her guts and when i heard she was home, i dreamt that she was teaching me how to teach the first vision. Please tell her that. Tell her that i love her so much. I miss her like crazy.
I miss ya'll like crazy. seriously. I love you. I need to write president. love love love you! Mom i love you. Dad, i love you. Ben and Pete- how is school? I love you. Sarah, Rae- i love you! hope all is well with ya'lls jobs. Libbi and Meg- LOVES OF MY LIFE! I MISS YA'LL SOOO MUCH. I LOVE YOU!
Friends: ya'll know who you are-ya'll getting letters. We'll chitty chat soon but i love you. thank you for your letters and support. I love you. nUMERO? hOW ARE YOU?
Entoneces, i love you i love you i love you. Grandparents- i love you. Extended family: i love you too. Thank you for your letters and support. you make my day and my life. i Love ya;ll!
Hermana Sorensen
Hey thanks Bugle-a while ago- for your letter. I am soo happy for your mission. You will awesome. STATE SIDE PRIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment